At Beckley Primary School, we deliver our Personal Development offer to all pupils through eight strands:
- Personal, Social, Health and Economic (PSHE) Education
- Relationships and Sex Education and Health Education (RSHE)
- Fundamental British Values
- Inclusion and Equality of Opportunity
- Development of Character
- Additional Opportunities and Enrichment
- Social, Moral, Spiritual and Cultural (SMSC) Development
Find out more about our Personal Development Intent, and Implementation of the eight strands here: Personal Development At-a-Glance
For our PSHE and RSHE learning, we use a programme called 'SCARF'. Find out more here.
As part of our Personal Development, we encourage pupils to be 'Active Learners' and solve problems themselves before asking for help. We do this through the "5 Beckley B's", which are displayed in every classroom. View the 5 B's here.
Browse our current offer of Personal Development Activities here: Personal Development Extra-Curricular Activity Brochure
Miss Wilkie is the Personal Development Lead for the school.
Find out more about the specific teaching of PSHE and RSHE at Beckley on our 'Subjects' page.